Friday, November 21, 2014

Free File Friday ~ 2 K-Cup Box

It's Free File Friday over in my facebook group, Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space! And today's free file is a cute little box that will hold 2 K-Cups. This would be a perfect little gift for co-workers or added to a gift basket for an extra special gift.


The box file was designed in Cricut Design Space using shapes from the free image set, Craft Room Basics. That means any Design Space user can cut this file! The cute little turkey is from Omar Toro's awesomesvgs.blogspot.com and he shares it for free! He designed the little turkey as an adorable place card holder for your Thanksgiving table. But I used the Print then Cut feature on the Explore and added it to the box front.

To get the box file, go join Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space group! It's free to all the members! There are lots of free files, project sharing, inspiration, tips, tricks and troubleshooting for your Explore and Design Space.

Assembly Instructions:

The file will cut and score. Just fold along the score lines and use a bone folder to make them crisp. Use a little caution when folding along the edge of the circles. I placed the box on my desk and used the edge of the desk to start those folds. Your box should look like this:


Now lay your box, with the inside on your work table and apply your adhesive to the long edge {on the right and marked in black in the next photo} and the two outer flaps on each side {marked in black}. Turn the box over and carefully add adhesive to the center flap on each side {marked in red in the photo}. I embossed the box in the photo using an Anna Griffin embossing folder.

{For less "bulk" when assembled, I used my scissors and snipped the flaps along the long edge. I will adjust the file and remove those sections if I can save and reopen after using the Slice feature.}


Then, push the center flap out of the way and line up and adhere the other two flaps on one side. Your box should look like this:

Then repeat on the other side.

Now fold the remaining flaps up and adhere them to the sides.

Now push the remaining flaps inward and fold the box down onto the back. Reach into the holes and make sure the edges are firmly adhered.



That's it. . .except for the embellishments! For this box, I used the Print then Cut feature with my Explore and the gorgeous Anna Griffin Vintage Floral printables. And they were perfect! 




6 comments:

  1. I loved how this turned out!
    So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful!!!! I so love the flowers!!!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful idea, can't wait for xmas when I get my explore. I'll be making this for sure

    Thx for joining Bbtb this week

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tutorial on your beautiful box. I know this will be appreciated on these cold winter days. Yum! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just adorable... :) Thank you. I appreciate all you do for us Paulette.

    ReplyDelete